06 December 2017
QUARTER 4: CIRCULAR 4
Hoȅrskool Bergvlam can indeed look back on a very blessed 2017! Once again our learners excelled on the academic, sport and culture fields. With our outreach projects we have brought smiles to many faces. Thank you very much to every dedicated learner who contributed to our successes and to every parent who has supported us faithfully. Hoȅrskool Bergvlam appreciates the contribution of every person who has made a difference in 2017!
Please take note of the following important matters:
- WE SAY GOODBYE
At the end of every year we have to, unfortunately, say goodbye to specific staff members. Every one of these educators were part of the heartbeat of Hoȅrskool Bergvlam, therefore they will always have a special place in our hearts. Our best wishes accompany the following staff members:
- Mrs Sherryl Bierman retires after many years of dedicated service to her learners and her subject.
- Mrs Renata Stander will join her husband in Bahrain. She also accepted a position at the same school where her husband is.
- Mrs Rista Coetzee relocates to Mozambique where she will join her husband on their farm.
- Mr Jaco de Klerk accepted a post in Klerksdorp, he will relocate to the North West province.
- Ms Nozipho Lusenga relocates to the Limpopo province.
- Mrs Loise Helberg accepted a post at Hoȅrskool Nelspruit.
- PROMOTION REPORTS
It is important for you to interpret your child’s promotion report correctly. Please take note of the following:
- Should your child be progressed to the next grade, it means that your child did not pass the grade, but has been in the phase for 4 years. Such a learner will be progressed to the next phase and grade.
- Should your child be in Grade 8 or Grade 9 and there is a *C next to the Mathematics mark, it means your child did not pass Mathematics, but the mark was condoned in order to allow your child to pass the grade. This is a condoned pass. This also means that a Grade 9 learner will not be able to take academic Mathematics in Grade 10, but Mathematical Literacy instead.
- SCHOOL FEES 2018
- Thank you very much to all our parents who attended the 2018 budget meeting. The 2018 budget was approved at this meeting.
- If it was impossible for you to attend this meeting, you are welcome to have a look at a brief of the budget on D6 Communicator.
- Please take note that the debit order system will be functional from 01 February 2018.
- The amount of R19 500,00 was approved and will be payable as follows:
- Once off payment before 01 March 2018 (R1 500 discount) – R18 000,00.
- Monthly via cash / internet / debit order:
January to October 2018: 10 payments of R1 950,00
- Monthly via cash / internet / debit order:
January to December 2018: 12 payments of R1 625,00
- Attached please find a debit order form to be completed should you want to make use of this system.
- Please make an appointment at the financial office at the beginning of 2018 should you experience financial difficulties. Rather manage your situation than avoiding your responsibility.
- Please take note that you can only apply for a subsidy until 31 March 2018
- SECOND HAND CLOTHING SWOP SHOP
- The school’s second hand clothing swop shop will be open as from Friday, 12 January 2018.
- Should you not be able to buy new school uniform, we have second hand school uniform in an excellent condition available. Please make use of this facility when necessary.
- WINDSCREEN STICKERS
- The 2018 windscreen stickers will be available at the main gate / financial office as from Monday, 15 January 2018.
- Buy your windscreen sticker on the very first day and prevent the irritation of signing in and out at the main gate every day.
- VEHICLES AND MOTORCYCLES
- Should your child be in the privileged position to come to school by car / motor cycle, the permission form has to be completed at Reception.
- A learner licence is not sufficient at all!
- Your child will receive a permission permit which he / she must have available at all times.
- Should your child make use of a vehicle / motorcycle on the school grounds without the necessary permission, the keys will be confiscated, and the responsibility and inconvenience of removing the vehicle off the premises, will be yours.
- Should your child drive recklessly, or exceed the speed limit on the school grounds, the relevant permission will be cancelled immediately.
- SCHOOL UNIFORM
- Please take note that the girls’ senior wear Please take note that the skirt’s length is just above the knee. The skirt has a different cut than the previous one.
- The prescribed navy court shoes are now available at Shoe City at I’langa Mall, Green Cross at Riverside Mall and at Dino Sport. Please do not buy any fashion shoe with very high heels, nor pumps, and definitely not patent leather shoes. Only the court shoe is prescribed.
- Boys may only wear a Baron chino in the colour ‘stone’ with their first team wear. No other fashion type pants of another type, or colour, may be worn.
- MATRIC RESULTS
The school will send an sms and place the information on D6 Communicator once the Education Department informs the school of the specific date the results will be available. This should be around 08 January 2018.
- MY SCHOOL AND MAKRO CARDS
Included in the envelope’s documentation are application forms for My School and Makro cards. Should you not have one of these cards yet, please complete the application form and use the card at all the assigned shops. The school does benefit from this on a monthly basis depending on how many parents have swiped their cards. We appreciate your co-operation in this regard.
- D6 COMMUNICATOR
If you have not registered on D6 Communicator yet, please do so without fail. You will receive ALL information on Communicator as it is updated on a daily basis. Be an informed parent and register as follows: Google D6 Communicator and follow the instructions.
Included in your PNA Crossings envelope you will find all necessary information for 2018 as well as the first quarter’s programme in order for you to be ready for 2018! All information will also be available on D6 Communicator.
Hoȅrskool Bergvlam wishes every Vlammie family a blessed Christmas! Enjoy a well-deserved break and drive safely!
MEV A. KLEYNHANS