30 June 2017
QUARTER 2: CIRCULAR 4
Please take note of the following important matters:
1. WE SAY GOOD BYE…
It does happen from time to time that specific opportunities come your way which you cannot turn down. Because of this, we often have to say good bye to some of our educators. The following educators are leaving Hoȅrskool Bergvlam at the end of this term:
- Mr JP Erasmus accepted a post at St Peters School.
- Mrs Melaine Pienaar is joining Impact.
- Mrs Lianie Cronje’s husband accepted a position in Middelburg, she will be appointed at HTS Middelburg from the next quarter onwards.
We wish these 3 educators everything of the best for their future. The footprint they leave behind, is engraved in the hearts of our learners.
- Anaïs, ambassador for Life Line, visited the school just before the June examination started.
- The learners had to ‘like’ her on social media in order to stand a chance to win a week ticket for Innibos and a DVD of hers. The school was informed today that Marco Belo in Grade 10 is the lucky winner!
- Grade 11 and 12 learners, who have applied for the bursary that was offered, have to attend Anaïs’s performance at Innibos on Thursday, 06 July at 16:30 – 17:30. The names of the bursary holders will be announced at her performance.
3. INNIBOS STREET PARADE
- Forty of our Grade 8 and Grade 9 learners are taking part in the Innibos streetparade on Wednesday, 05 July.
- These learners have to wear a neat denim, a navy/black T-shirt and comfortable walking shoes/tackies. They will receive a paper hat on arrival.
- Learners have to report to the undercover parking area at Food Lover’s Market at 07:30. The parade consists of 700 people and will start at 10:00 and should finish at 12:00. The route will take them through town, passed Absa Square and down Piet Retief street to Lowveld High School (about 3 kilometres). There will be a water point on the way as well as traffic control.
- Learners will receive meal tickets and pocket money. They have to meet Mrs Mandy Barnard at the Lowveld High tennis courts after the event in order to receive their money.
4. MAKRO CARD
- When visiting Makro, please ask for a Makro card at the information counter and link it to Hoȅskool Bergvlam.
- Every time you buy something at Makro and your card is swiped, it adds to some commission the school receives at the end of the month.
- It is not about the amount spend, but about how many the times cards, linked to the school, were swiped.
5. MYSCHOOL CARD
- Please apply for your MySchool card for the same reason at https://www.myschool.co.za/supporter/apply/. Select Hoȅrskool Bergvlam from the list, and by doing so you will also be in line for receiving discount on specific products.
6. D6 COMMUNICATOR
- The school is making use of D6 Communicator to convey information, newsletters, important information, results and demarcations on a fast and effective way to parents and learners.
- D6 Communicator is a safe way to send this information to either your mobile device or your computer.
- Register as follows:
ü Windows Desktop
- Visit www.d6technology.com/downloads/school
- Select your school from the drop down list on the left.
- Click on the windows button.
- When asked to ‘run or save’ the file, click ‘save’ and thereafter ‘run’.
- Thereafter follow the installation prompts.
ü Mobi site
- The mobi site that was created will work on any device.
- Visit http:www.schoolcommunicator.mobi/ .
- Register, then log in with your username and password.
7. MOTHER AND DAUGHTER TEA
- Every matric mom and her matric daughter must please diarise 09 Augu st 2017 from 09:00 to 12:00.
- This very special morning tea will only cost R150 per ticket including mother and daughter.
- Enquiries: Mrs. Jolanda Nel at (013) 741 1026.
- 8. UPDATING OF CONTACT INFORMATION
- We would like to remind you that you must please inform the school without fail should your cell phone number and/or e-mail address change.
9. SCHOOL FEES
- The school would like to thank every parent who has paid the school fees up to date. The school will not be able to function without your financial contribution.
- Thank you to those parents who are experiencing financial difficulties, and who have already made arrangements with the financial office.
- Should you struggle financially at the moment and cannot afford to pay school fees right now, please contact the financial office without fail in order to make arrangements.
10. WINTER AND SPRING SCHOOL FEES
- Parents of matriculants who are attending winter and spring school and who have not paid for the classes yet, must please do so as soon as possible.
- Your child will not be able to attend these classes if you did not pay, or did not make alternative arrangements.
May you and your family experience a wonderful winter holiday and return well rested for the third quarter which will be short, but packed with activities!
Warm Bergvlam greetings