24 April 2017
QUARTER 2: CIRCULAR 1
Welcome back to a brand new quarter with many challenges lying ahead! Please take note of the following very important matters:
CYCLING MARATHON: Tuesday, 25 April – Wednesday, 26 April
- You have already received the sponsor forms for tomorrow’s cycling marathon last quarter.
- Learners’ sponsor forms will be signed off on Wednesday, 26 April at 12:00. The distance travelled will be written on each form.
- The sponsorship money must please be paid in to your child’s registration teacher no later than Friday, 05 May 2016. The sponsorship form must please be handed in with the money.
- Should learners want to go home after 18:00 tomorrow, it will only be allowed should you, as the parent, sign him/her out. No learner will be allowed to leave the premises after 18:00 without a parent taking care of him/her. Learners must please not come with other requests.
- Learners remain in the hall area for the duration of the cycling marathon. Your child will therefore be safe at all times. There will be enough educators on duty at all times to take good care of the learners.
- The Grade 11 learners will be selling water, cold drinks and eats. Learners may not bring meat to braai, neither their own drinks. Something to eat and to drink can ONLY be bought at the school.
- The normal Day 7 timetable will be followed on Wednesday. The school will, however, close at 12:00 when the cyclists reach their destination!
- Please do not allow your child to stay at home unnecessarily. Should your child tell you that there is nothing happening at school, it might just not be the truth!
COMPUTER SYSTEM DAMAGE
- The school’s computer system was severely damaged because of an e-mail with an attachment sent to the school. The ‘randsome ware’ wiped all data from the server. ‘Windows’ was damaged to such an extend that we cannot open the backup files at this stage.
- We are doing our utmost best to save all the information we can. However, at this stage we will not be able to re-print progress reports and update learner information.
- It will take us a couple of days to reload and restore all the files and information. The process is in place and on its way, please just bear with us. We will keep you informed.
- Please take note that the Lowvelder is our partner in this project. Parents will not be able to fetch newspapers from their offices in order for their child to get hundreds and hundreds of merit points.
- A learner can get a minimum of 20 points and a maximum of 500 points.
- Learners are starting with the June examination within a month’s time!
- Your child can, therefore, under NO circumstances stay away from school because of nitty gritty stuff. Every lesson your child misses out on, leaves a hole in your child’s knowledge and understanding.
- Please make sure that all tasks and assignments are handed in on the scheduled date. Some learners find it difficult to manage these dates, please assist them.
The winter sport league matches start within the next week. Please come and support your child when he/she is playing. No coach can take a parent’s place next to the field!