26 March 2018
QUARTER 1 – CIRCULAR 6
Please take note of the following important matters:
- QUARTER 1 – PROGRESS REPORTS
- Progress reports will be e-mailed to you on Wednesday, 28 March 2018.
- Please make sure that the school has your correct e-mail address.
- Should you not have an e-mail address, please request a print out of the report in writing by Tuesday 27 March 2018. This request must please be handed in to Mrs Antoinette Kuperus. You will be able to fetch the printed report at Reception on Wednesday, 28 March at 12h00.
- COACHING CLINICS
The first rugby team will be attending the Danie Rossouw coaching clinic at Hoërskool Rob Ferreira in White River.
The first girl’s hockey team will be attending to coaching clinic at Hoërskool Volksrust during the school holiday.
- Please take note that your child will not be able to get onto the bus should the full amount not be paid into the school’s account.
The school can under no circumstances carry the cost.
- We wish these teams a safe journey and we do hope that it will be a most enjoyable and fruitful coaching clinic.
We wish to bring the following to your attention regarding tattoos.
Tattoos may not be visible with school uniform – they must be covered.
The number of learners who have been absent this past week, is very worrying. The workload of the prescribed syllabus requires of us, the educators, to teach up to and including the day the term ends on 28 March 2018. We also experience that apart from the absenteeism, the learners are also signed out for no apparent reason. The work done in class during this time is seldom, if ever, caught up by the learners. The schools act dictates that leaners attend school every day. We refer to the 4.9 in the school diary. Doctor’s and dentists’ appointments are allowed during school hours only in case of EMERGENCY. It seems as if learners are signed out way too often for medical appointments.
- BUS RULES
- Only official school tracksuit, school uniform, Vlammie wear or formal first team wear may be worn.
- Learners have to be at the bus 15 minutes before departure.
- Learners have to be picked up 15 minutes after arriving back at Bergvlam.
- Buses will leave on time.
- Bus tariff
- Up to 75kim @ R30.00 and R50.00 for longer trips.
- Control and Safety
- Learners travel with their teams and if possible in separate buses for boys and girls.
- Seniors have the privilege to sit at the back of the bus with juniors in front of the bus.
- Stops on the route
- Stopping along the route is determined prior to the bus leaving (+/- 2 hours’ intervals) and this is communicated with the learners.
- Learners have to bring packed lunches (for return trip).
- Stopping along the way is for bathroom breaks only, not for buying food.
- Learners have to act in a respectful way towards fellow learners, teachers and members of the public at all times.
- Leaners are regarded as ambassadors for Hoërskool Bergvlam.
- Learners are expected to occupy the same allocated seat at all times to enable general control and safety of said learners.
- No loud music is allowed on buses. Learners may list to music using ear phones.
- PAYMENT OF SCHOOL FEES
Thank you very much to all parents who pay their school fees faithfully!
Should you be behind with the payment of school fees, or should you experience financial difficulties, please contact the financial office without fail.
Thank you very much to all our parents who have supported their children throughout this hectic first quarter! The school appreciates your positive contribution!
We are looking forward to officially welcoming Mr Deon Visser, the new principal, at Hoërskool Bergvlam at the beginning of next term.
We wish you and your family a well deserved break and a most enjoyable holiday!
MR G.F. VAN DEN BERG