13 February 2017
QUARTER 1 – CIRCULAR 3
Please take note of the following important matters:
1. 1ST QUARTER: MINI-EXAMINATION
- Attached please find the 1st quarter mini-examination timetable.
- Because of the fact that the musical, Step Out, will be performed from middle March onwards, the learners will write two subjects per day.
- During this period of time the school day will managed as follows:
- Exam session 1
- Exam session 2
- Winter sport practice, as well as Step Out practice
- Learners who are neither taking part in sport, nor in Step Out, remain in class and will study for the following day’s exam.
- When the school day ends at 13:30, there will be NO extra mural practices. Learners can then concentrate on their studies only.
- Please take note: on both Fridays there will be only ONE SESSION. After the exam session, it will be a normal school day.
- Please do not come and sign your child out unnecessarily during this period of time.
- Should your child be too sick to come and write the exam, it is COMPULSORY for your child to hand in a DOCTOR’S NOTE.
2. PROGRAMME FOR THE WEEK 13 FEBRUARY – 17 FEBRUARY
- Attached please find the programme for this week.
- Friday, 17 February, is going to be a fun day for the whole school, except the athletes.
- School will close at 12:00 on Friday.
- Inter high tickets: all remaining entrance tickets will be returned to Barberton on Wednesday, 15 February. Should you still have to buy your tickets, you will have to do so without fail.
- 3. INTERHIGH ATHLETICS – SATURDAY 18 FEBRUARY
- Busses will leave at 05:00 exactly. Your child will have to be seated at 04:45 already.
- Bus fare will be R30,00.
- Your child will have to put on enough sun block and take some with as well.
- NO MEMBER OF THE SPIRIT TEAM MAY LET THE TEAM DOWN ON SATURDAY! PLEASE SEE TO IT THAT YOUR CHILD IS THERE AND ON TIME.
- The busses should be back at school at 18:30.
PLEASE BE ON TIME IN ORDER TO FETCH YOUR CHILD WHEN THE BUSSES ARRIVE!
- In the first place it is unfair to expect of your child to sit and wait for your, after a very long day, while the rest of the learners leave.
- In the second place it is totally unacceptable to expect of the teachers to look after your child until you decide to come and fetch him / her. Over the past two Saturdays the teachers had to wait for more than an hour for parents to come and fetch their children!
- Thank you very much to every parent who is always on time to fetch their child/ren. The teachers do appreciate it!