06 February 2017
Dear Bergvlam Parents
QUARTER 1: CIRCULAR 2
The following matters are of concern to us:
- HISTORY EDUCATOR – 8th SUBJECT
- Mrs. Madelein Berg taught History as an 8th subject to our Grade 11 and currently our Grade 12 learners for the past 3 years. Unfortunately she has passed away unexpectedly.
- Should you know of somebody whom we can contact to continue with the teaching of History as an extra subject to 8 Grade 11 learners and 5 Grade 12 learners, please inform the principal, Mrs. Kleynhans, without fail.
- Mrs. Berg did the planning for the whole year in advance.
2. SPONSORS FOR ASTRO HOCKEY FIELD
- Krugersdorp High School is currently replacing their astro hockey field. We were fortunate enough to get hold of half the astro court, which they are removing at this stage, at a very affordable price.
- We could not let this opportunity go by! The astro strips were delivered over the weekend. The challenge we are facing at this stage, is the laying of the astro strips.
- The initial amount for establishing the astro court is R77 000,00. Should you be aware of sponsors we can approach for the laying of the astro, please contact Mrs Kleynhans as soon as possible.
- It is very expensive, but it includes all specifications for laying the astro professionally.
- The school cannot absorb this expenditure. For a sponsor, however, the advertising space on an advertisement board on our premises, will be excellent exposure.
- Should you, as a parent, have the knowledge on laying astro professionally, it will be to the school’s advantage. Your assistance in this regard will be much appreciated, and might save the school a substantial amount of money.
- We cannot allow this opportunity to slip through our fingers. The benefit will be to the progress of our hockey teams!
- The majority of our parents are already aware of the GoFocus parents meeting taking place on Wednesday, 08 February at 18:00 in the staffroom.
- Should you not have received a personal invitation, but are concerned about your child’s reading ability and lack of academic progress, your attendance of this meeting is compulsory.
- Mrs. Freda Grobler will inform you about the content of the GoFocus programme in order for you to take an informed decision regarding the possible academic progress of your child.