23 September 2016
QUARTER 3: CIRCULAR 2
As unbelievable as it might seem, we did reach the end of the 3rd quarter! A well deserved break is therefore awaiting us.
Please take note of the following very important matters:
- 1. SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
- Despite the fact that an sms was sent out yesterday regarding school attendance, a vast number of learners are still absent today.
- Tests are handed back to learners, marks confirmed, and syllabi completed. It is therefore of the utmost importance that your child will attend school up to Friday, 30 September!
- You, as the parent, must please take responsibility and see to it that your child attends school next week.
- Should your child have been absent during the course of this week, you have to send a letter to school explaining the absence.
- 2. EXAMINATION: THURSDAY, 29 SEPTEMBER AND FRIDAY, 30 SEPTEMBER
- Thursday, 29 September: Grade 8 – 11 learners write English Home Language and Additional Language Paper 3 of the final examination at the end of the year. Your child may therefore NOT stay away from school.
- Friday, 30 September: Grade 8 – 11 learners write Afrikaans Home Language and Additional Language Paper 3 of the final examination at the end of the year. It is compulsory for your child to write this paper. The examination will finish at 11:30.
- 3. GRADE 12 ARRANGEMENTS
- Grade 12 learners attend school up to 21 October.
- Friday, 14 October: Grade 12 learners sign their pledge to do their best in the upcoming examination, nationwide, at 10:00. Afterwards they will receive intensive examination training.
- Final assembly and Matric church service: Friday, 21 October, specific information will be communicated.
- 4. PROGRESS REPORTS
- Preliminary progress reports for Grade 8 – 11 learners will be e-mailed to you on Friday, 30 September.
- As soon as we have confirmed that all marks are correct, the final progress report will be sent to you within the first week of the next quarter.
- Should you not have an e-mail address, you must please request a printout copy of your child’s marks in writing. These letters must be handed in to Mrs. Antoinette Kuperus no later than Thursday, 29 September. Preliminary progress reports will then be available at Reception at 12:00 on Friday, 30 September.
- Grade 12 Progress Reports will be e-mailed to you by Friday, 14 October.
- 5. RE-REGISTRATION 2017
- Re-registration forms were handed out to learners today, 23 September.
- Please take not that there is an extra attachment which must be signed by you and returned to school with the re-registration form.
- These forms must please be handed in to your child’s registration teacher by Monday, 26 September.
- It is of the utmost importance that your child re-registers for next year, otherwise the school will accept that your child will not return. It might happen that a child, who applied following the correct procedure, might be admitted in your child’s place.
- 6. GRADE 10 PROJECT
- Parents who want to part take in Ms Ananja Barnard’s research programme for her Honour’s Degree, must please complete the forms and return the reply slips by Thursday, 29 September. The registration teachers will take it in and hand it over to Ms Barnard.
- 7. FUN DAY: THURSDAY, 29 SEPTEMBER
- Since September is Tourism and Heritage month, the school has decided to combine these two events in a Fun Day, which will be held after the examination on Thursday, 29 September.
- Learners pay R30,00 which will cover the following:
: Wearing of old clothes, they are going to become dirty;
: 70 paint balls;
: Participation in mini soccer competition;
: 1 x packet of paint for Colour Fun activity;
: Support of the braai competition;
: Extra paint balls and packets of paint can be bought separately;
: The Tourism Department will sell traditional food such as: bunny chows, koeksisters, pan cakes, pizza, samosas, and lots more. Extra money will be required to pay for the eats. MacVlammie will also be open.
: Please do not allow your child to come with all sorts of excuses not to attend this day. It is important for every child to laugh, to play and to have fun!
- 8. VLAMFEST: SATURDAY, 01 OCTOBER
- This year we are combining last year’s potjiekos-boma-social with an enjoyable October festival atmosphere.
- Should you want to become part of this special event, enjoy estate wines, craft beer, good music and watch the Springbok rugby match on big screen, Hoȅrskool Bergvlam is the place to be!
- The function starts formally at 17:00, will last until round about 23:00 and will cost you R180,00 per head.
- For more information and to reserve your place, please contact Mrs. Mandy Barnard at 013 741-1025 or send an e-mail to email@example.com no later than Tuesday, 27 September.
- 9. SCHOOL FEES AND CONSUMER FEES
- The school would like to, once again, thank every parent who pays school fees dutifully, from the bottom of our hearts. The school’s compulsory expenditure is astronomical, we are dependent on every parent’s contribution.
- Should you experience financial difficulties, and haven’t contacted the financial office yet, please do so without fail. Should you not make the necessary arrangements, the chances are that you will be handed over to the school’s debt collectors.