04 June 2020
Dear Vlammie Parents
RE: REOPENING OF SCHOOL FOR GRADE 12 LEARNERS
After weeks of uncertainty, the school can reopen on 08/06/2020 for all grade 12 learners. We trust and believe that this date will remain unchanged.
Our school has been sanitized and the DBE has done a full inspection on our procedures. The DBE has given us the greenlight and are very satisfied with all the health and safety procedures taken to ensure the safety of each learner and teacher. We assure you that we will comply with all the safety guidelines from the DBE to ensure your child’s safety.
PROCEDURE FOR THE REOPENING OF OUR SCHOOL
Prior to the start of the school day:
The entrance gate will be open from 06h30. Please make use of the ‘Vleiland” road and gate at the “Bosmol” after which parents must exit through the Laeveld/Sport gate. Please keep left and respect the one way traffic system. Turn left in the direction of Madiba Avenue upon exiting. No right turn. Learners being dropped off in Geelhout Avenue (Busses/Taxis) enter through the Laeveld/Sport gate.
Follow the same procedure. The gate will open at 13h00. Parents may pick up the learners at the “Bosmol “and leave the school premises immediately. No learner will be allowed on the school premises after 14h30 (The school, will be sanitised from 14h30 everyday)
This is the only entrance to be used by the learners. They will be received by the
teachers who will implement the following procedure:
- Temperatures will be taken
- Sanitizing will take place
- Standard questions will be asked
Following this, the learners will proceed to the first period, starting at exactly 07h30. We request the cooperation of all the learners. After school they will leave through the same gate. No gathering or socialising after school will be allowed.
- The last period end at 13h45
- Extended school hours will end at 14h30
The MacVlam gate will be open until 07h30. Learners that are late must report at the MAIN gate with their parents. The “Vleiland” and Laeveld/Sport gate will close at 07h45. Learners who arrive after said time must report at the main gate with their parents.
ASSEMBLY AND ALL PROCEDURES FOR MONDAY 08/06/2020
All grade 12 learners will report to the Assembly Hall at 07:30. They will receive training, orientation and school procedures for COVID-19. Each learner will be given a permit and a medical information form which has to be completed as part of the DBE instructions. All the arrangement for the rest of the week will be given.
We will start with Day 1 as per each grade 12 learner’s timetable.
LIFE ORIENTATION AND GEOGRAPHY EXAM
Directly after assembly all learners will write the open book Life Orientation exam. The Geography exam will be written in the last period of the day.
All rules apply. A FULL Bergvlam tracksuit may be worn with a Vlammie t-shirt. This will apply until further notice.
Please receive our sincere appreciation to all parents who have still diligently paid their school fees. The school relies on this funding in order to stay functional. Should there be a need to make arrangements due to financial difficulties during this trying time, feel free to contact the financial office.
SCHOOL SUPPORT NETWORK
- Governing body of Bergvlam High School.
- Our school’s parent community.
- Mpumalanga Department of Education
- National Department of Health (012 395 8000).
- The National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) (0800 029 999).
- Mediclini Nelspruit (013 759 0500).
- Police Station (013 759 1008).
SCHOOL PRACTICES AND COVID-19
- Face masks:
- The school governing body and governing body have a statutory obligation to ensure that our entire school is safe and that all procedures are carefully and responsibly managed. Wearing masks in public is mandatory from 1 May 2020.
- Personal sanitation / hygiene:
- Each learner will be required to have his or her own bottle of hand sanitizer for their own use.
- School tuckshop:
- The school tuckshop will be open at break. Instead of bundling on the porch in front of the tuck shop, learners will be standing next to the building, waiting for a turn to buy something. No orders will be placed.
- Grade 12 learners with underlying health comorbidities must contact the school.
Thank you for your caring cooperation and loyalty to the school community.