27 May 2017
QUARTER 2: CIRCULAR 3
Please take note of the following very important matters and information:
- 1. ARRANGEMENTS REGARDING NEXT WEEK: 29 MAY – 02 JUNE
Please take note of the following arrangements regarding next week:
- The last school day for Grade 12 learners before the examination starts, will be Tuesday, 30 May 2017. Educators are still busy with important work in class, matrics must please not stay at home for no reason.
- Grade 12 learners are welcome to come and see subject educators on Wednesday and Thursday should they need assistance.
- The last school day for Grade 11 learners before the examination starts, will be Tuesday, 30 May 2017. Grade 11 learners must please make use of the opportunity to come and see educators of subjects they are struggling with on Wednesday and Thursday.
- The last school day for Grade 10 learners before the examination starts will be on Thursday, 01 June 2017. Only a very small number of learners will be involved in the Visual Arts practical session, therefore there is no reason why the Grade 10 learners should not be in class.
- The last formal school day for Grade 8 and 9 learners will be Friday, 02 June 2017. There is absolutely no reason why Grade 8 and 9 learners have to stay at home.
- Learners in all grades will receive their examination training and their examination booklets the day before they officially start writing.
- 2. CHANGES ON EXAMINATION TIMBETABLE
- As a result of question paper times that have changed, and changes regarding departmental stipulations, the revised examination timetable is attached. Please destroy the previous one. The learners received a new timetable, printed on yellow paper.
- Demarcations for all subjects will be handed out to learners, it is also available on D6 for your convenience.
- 3. GENERAL EXAMINATION ARRANGEMENTS
- Please read through the examination booklet in order to reassure yourself about the examination arrangements and all rules regarding examinations.
- Please see to it that your child’s appearance is in accordance with the school’s requirements. All rules regarding appearance are still applicable during examination sessions.
- Please make arrangements beforehand in order for your child not to be late for the start of an examination session. It is traumatic for a child to arrive late at the examination venue.
- A study classroom will be made available where learners can sit and study should it be more convenient for transport arrangements.
- Please create an examination atmosphere at home, and please make sure that your child is studying when he / she needs to study.
- Should your child be too ill to come to school to write his / her examination, please inform the school without delay. You will also have to hand in a doctor’s note to the office as soon as possible.
- 4. SOCIAL MEDIA
- Please do not discuss your grievances regarding school matters on social media.
- Please make an appointment to come and see the principal, ask your questions, raise your concerns and clear all misunderstandings. Above all, come and verify the facts! To discuss the school on social media without having your facts straight, can be disastrous.
- 5. SUPPORT: WINTER SPORT
- There are very few things more exciting than school sport! Therefore we invite you, as parents, to please come and support our winter sport activities for the next two Saturdays.
- The programme for both Saturdays will be available on D6: this coming Saturday we are playing against Hoȅrskool Lydenburg and the following Saturday against HTS Witbank – both home games. It will be heart warming if our parents can also sit packed on the pavilion as parents from other schools do.
- Above all there is nothing more exciting for a child if Dad, Mom, Granny and the whole family can come and support him / her!
- The enthusiastic support of our parents will be cherished by all the Vlammies!
We wish you everything of the best for the examination lying ahead!
Warm Bergvlam greetings!