19 February 2018
QUARTER 1: CIRCULAR 3
You should be aware of the fact that the current SGB’s term of office expires in March of this year. The election of newly elected SGB members will therefore take place in March as well. The new SGB will serve for a term of three years.
- COMPILATION OF SCHOOL GOVERNING BODY
Hoërskool Bergvlam qualifies for the following compilation:
- Parent component: 9 members
- Educator component: Principal + 3 members
- Non-educator component: 1 member
- Learner component: 3 members
- ELECTION MODEL
The school followed the full day election model with the previous SGB election. Because of the fact that it was such a huge success, the school will follow the same option again.
- NOMINATION PROCESS
- Nomination forms will be available at Reception from Tuesday, 20 February 2018
- Fully completed nomination forms must be handed in on Monday, 26 February 2018 at 18:00 at the nomination meeting in the school hall.
- Please ensure that you, as the nominator, as well as the nominee, attend this meeting.
- Nominations will, however, still be accepted until Monday, 05 March at 06:30 at Reception.
- A short CV as well as a photograph of the nominated parents will be distributed electronically to all parents in order for you, as parents, to ensure yourselves of the contribution the nominated parents can make in order for the school to benefit from it.
- CVs and photographs of nominated parents will also be available at the voting station on election day.
- Parents with the following skills can be recommended:
- Strong financial background
- Human relations management
- Maintenance of buildings and premises
- Sport: coaching and support
- Culture activities: support
- Assistance: disciplinary matters
- ELECTION PROCESS: TUESDAY, 06 MARCH 2018
- The voting station (school hall) will open at 06:30 and will close at 18:00.
- You are eligible to vote should your name appear on the voting roll (school’s database).
- You will have the following voting options on election day:
- When you drop your child off at school in the morning;
- When you fetch your child after school;
- When you fetch your child after sport practice;
- Any time during the course of the day.
- When the voting station closes at 18:00, the counting of votes will commence.
- The new SGB for the next 3 years will be announced once the voting process was declared free and fair by the electoral officer.
It is of the utmost importance that you, as a parent, will become involved in this election process. It is your responsibility to be an involved and an informed parent!